[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Email Hack: Help.

Doug Breault wrote:
=>
=>Hello Everyone,
=>
=>We've got a problem here with a hacker. There's some punk
=>apparently hacking a mail server somewhere and sending BS postings all over
=>the net regarding get rich quick schemes, etc - from a non-existent
=>account on our server. They've done it twice so far, from two different
=>non-existent accounts.

Are they actually coming from your server or does someone just have
a fake reply address (with your servers name) ?

The examination of an actual posting may be required to determine the
solution.

Perhaps a search of Deja News for any peculiar idiosyncracies could
find a clue to the vandal's identity.

seeya
Cypherpunk Preacher

If privacy is outlawed,